Smoothies (Any Greens)
Tags: smoothies, food, inside, rainy day, pre-k, kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, any season
Time : 30 minutes
|Greeting and Review||
|Activity 1||Make smoothies.
|Activity 2||Work in the Garden
Materials needed –
|Cleanup||Allow 5 minutes for cleanup.|
|Goodbye||1-2 minutes to say goodbye
The day before, tell students to bring a piece of fruit or vegetable to garden class. Also use any vegetable from the garden if they are ready to harvest.
- Set up 4 tables with a blender at each table.
- Have the students wash their fruit/vegetable.
- Help prepare the fruit/vegetable for the smoothie – peel or chop up – students can do this at their tables.
- With help of the students, add various fruits and/or vegetables to the blender plus a banana. Add almond milk or some other liquid. You can also add ice – frozen fruit works well too.
- Pour into cups and taste.
ACTIVITY 2 :
Work in the garden. Water and weed as needed.
Students could make a poster or label to advertise the smoothie they just made.
CLEANUP & GOODBYE
Put all supplies away.