Tags: Class Ideas, All-Seasons, Outdoor, Kinder, Pre-K, First, Fall, Anytime, Science, Experiment, Outdoor
Time : 35 mins
Author: Sameera Balay.
|Greeting and Review||
|Worksheets(Please email the worksheet separately)||Five Senses in the Garden|
ACTIVITY 1: FIVE SENSES IN THE GARDEN
Split the class into as many groups as you have adults. Take the kids for a “listening walk” in the garden. Once they have reviewed the senses they can draw or write in their worksheets.
- SIGHT – Ask the children what they see in the garden – Trees, Plants, Structures, Animals, Colors, texture, shapes
- TOUCH – Have them feel the leaves, dirt, grass, plants, structures
- TASTE – Walk them to the herb garden and ask them to taste the herbs in the herb garden or herbs in your plot
- SMELL – Have them walk to the herb garden and ask them to smell the herbs
- HEAR – Ask the children to be quiet so they hear some sounds – Birds, Wind, Airplanes, outside noises.
ACTIVITY 2 : WATER AND WEED IN THE GARDEN BED
- Ask them to water the garden beds and the community beds or areas.
- If time permits ask them to weed the garden.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES (Include additional activities)
CLEANUP & GOODBYE (Include Cleanup and Goodbye)
- Put away all the markers or pencils used for the worksheets.